What I love about our profession:
You will find us in the background – but in the midst of the action. While interpreting, we assume an active role in linking together people of different origins. It is fascinating and deeply rewarding to witness how smoothly and naturally this interaction takes place – a gratifying experience over and over again.
Some of my hobbies:
Classical ballet is my passion. I relax discovering cities, hiking or by reading Latin American literature.
Working languages: German, Spanish, English and French
Free-lance interpreter for international organizations, governmental institutions, sports associations and private enterprise.
Selected fields of expertise: International politics, environmental politics, international development cooperation, law (in particular labour law, association law, constitutional law), governance, marketing, economics and finances, sports, sports medicine.
A brief résumé
- Raised in El Salvador, Germany and Panama
- Schooling completed in San Salvador, El Salvador
- Academic studies in France, Germany and Colombia
- 1996: University degree at the University of Mainz and its Faculty of Translation and Interpretation (FASK) in Germersheim. Diploma in conference interpreting for Spanish and French. Supplementary subject: Economic sciences.
- Since 1996 active as a free-lance conference interpreter and translator, mainly from German, English and French into Spanish.
- Since 1997 member of the German Association of Interpreters and Translators, BDÜ
- 1999: Additional certificate as conference interpreter for English as a third language (FASK).
- Since 2001 member of the International Association of Conference Interpreters – AIIC.
- From 2003 until 2014 lecturer for conference interpreting at the Zürich University for Applied Sciences (German/Spanish consecutive, simultaneous, and liaison interpreting; interpreting competence for Spanish).